I figured it was time for an update. I think it's been over a month since I last blogged. Can you tell school has started? or that I no longer have a life?
But I will make it up to you with pictures.
Can you tell we had a full house? or rather...living room? Janel doesn't look very happy does she...I think she just didn't smile on time! I am pretty positive she enjoyed herself!
We made carmel apples in between sessions on sunday. I would tell you that they were good, but as you can see from the picture below....
I just about cracked my front teeth trying to bite into them. Refrigerated apples with hardened carmel...not so good for the teeth. But my taste-buds thought they were delicious!
Carmel apples are so photogenic, aren't they?
We ate lots of good food. For breakfast we had roasted potatoes, turkey sausage, three kinds of pancakes (wheat, oatmeal, blueberry) fresh fruit and lemonade. We made the apples, and I also whipped up a double batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. We munched on all sorts of salty (bad) food during the session like pringles and ruffles and cheetos (why do chips have such weird names?) but we also had a half a watermelon we finished up too. I ate way to much, but it was so nice to just sit and eat. It's sort of a family past-time.
Now that school has started, weekends are really the only time we have together. We are home every evening from about five onward. I don't really count that as time together though. My poor husband works nine to ten hours a day, (sometimes more) and then comes home and works on homework for another four to five hours. I don't know how he does it because when I come home from school (especially after a bad day) the last thing I want to do (or can make myself focus on) is homework. I think I married an extremely hard working man.
Well...today seems to have brought in the fall weather. It's the first day so far that has been cool and rainy (high of 74) and on the way home around one I got soaked (can you get soaked by hail?) and almost blown over while I waited to cross the road to my apartment. Right when I got home I jumped in the shower and turned the water as hot as it would go, and when I got out I starting making chicken stew to go with the homemade bread I made the other day.
It just feels like autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment