Wednesday, July 18, 2012

22 Weeks

Our little man is still kicking and....not screaming (*yet)
But I've already made plans for this little guy!
Now that I know its a boy 
(I always knew, right?) 
 color schemes for a nursery
(which is totally implausible while we're renting, but I can dream, right?)
little crocheted outfits
and coordinating quilts and afghans in blues and greens keep popping into my head. 

Like this:
 
Zelda

and this: 

Spaghetti DIY Halloween Costume

Pinterest has become the enemy
because now I dream about baby Zelda and Spaghetti yarn (apparently)
It must be one of those wierd pregnancy things
like eating pickles and ice cream.

Still, the fact that we're having a little man just blows my mind! 
And since my tummy is getting bigger and bigger it seems more and more real everyday.
In fact, Henry made a comment that when I lay down
my bump doesn't just disappear into my spinal column anymore
it's there-
not matter what I do (or wear)

Even more strange are the strange people who try to rub my belly
(Total and complete strangers to boot)
Explaining that I'm not Budda hasn't helped 
so I've decided the best course of action is to rub their belly in return
This has produced the desired results on at least one occasion.
And they looked at me like I was the crazy one!


I've noticed recently, among all the other bodily changes
that it's getting harder and harder to bend over.

 This is one of the many things I never really considered a luxury before.
When my purse spills all over the floor in the car
I can't just launch myself off the seat-
I've found the hard way that when I do this it feels like all my stomach muscles rip 
so we don't do that anymore...

This goes for getting out of bed in the middle of the night as well.
I miss those days when I could sleep ten hours without waking up once!
Or even make it more than an hour without visiting the ladies room-

I think I wake Henry up every morning around 1-
and I make more noise than our old dog Bucky-
(who was the most vocal pet I've ever had)
between the moaning and groaning and heaving as I try to roll myself to the edge of the mattress  where I can use the bed frame to pull myself into a sitting position.
 Henry will occasionally ask if I'm all right.
I'm sure this is because I sound like I'm about to die.

But so far, I still sleep like the dead--the rest of the time.
For this, I'm extremly grateful.
In fact, when I wake up in the morning 
(more often than not)
I am totally and utterly confused:
I have no idea who I am, where I am or what is going on-
and I live for weekends where I don't have to get up at 6 in the AM.
If I was left to my own devices, I could probably sleep ten or twelve hours a night.
I guess that's reasonable...considering that my body is making another human being.

My evening routine has changed a little bit too.
Usually I make dinner right when we get home
 and then we sit down to eat
(which lasts five minutes....not really fair when it takes at least an hour to make dinner!)
Usually after nagging Henry and Levi to sit for a minute so I can finish eating 
they will clean up dishes for me.
 
....and then I eat second dinner 
just as they're about finished cleaning up
this usually happens about half an hour after first dinner
 
(I'm turning into a hobbit--hairy feet included)
(I just don't live in a hole in the ground...yet)

On Sunday, I made a huge pan of Scalloped Potatoes and ham
and it turned out really good.
I had about three helpings during dinner (the dinner where we sit at the table)
and then, about 30 minutes later, I spooned a reasonably sized bowl for myself and took it into the living room.
From the look on Henry's face, you'd think I'd dragged a dead cow in by my teeth.

When I asked him what was wrong
He just said he wasn't used to me eating what was on my own plate at dinner
much less having third helpings
much less having another dinner after dinner

This would be the point in my day when I go plop myself on the couch and imitate a beached whale
I find that I have to recline at least a little bit.
Because I've also found that when I have a really full belly
and I sit either straight up or tilted forward a little
I just can't breath!
It must be the combination of two large meals plus the adorable little man growing in there
pushing on my little lungs.

I had Henry take pictures of me this morning before we left the house.
But unfortunatly, you can see my brains through my nose
(I've never been very photogenic, all right?) 
So we're going to try again tomorrow

I still feel Kisbaba pushing and turning and moving all the time.
This weekend he actually woke me up from a deep sleep he gave me such a sharp little jab.
Maybe he's pracitising jujitsu?
Whatever it is, he's constantly squirming around!
Henry still can't feel from "outside" but I haven't given up!
Every time I feel something big I grab Henry's hand  and put it wherever I felt a kick
but it's a no go so far.
 
When we went to our last ultrasound
Henry could see loud and clear how much our little bumba was moving
and I felt almost...vindicated
See! It's not just gas! There's the proof right that he does move as much as I think he does!
Which makes me a happy camper, knowing that he's healthy and active.
What more can I ask for?

In the meantime
School is out in four weeks!
I took my (only) midterm yesterday
(and felt like a wrung out sponge afterward)
(or like aliens had sucked my brains out of my ears....I  can't decide which)
and we're getting ready for our trip to Idaho/Montana this weekend!
Hoorray!
 
I've already told Henry that he will have to stop at least twice on the four hour drive up
and he told me that we are going to bring lots of treats
(So I don't get cranky)
Or so I'm told.....
I've always thought that my terrible temper as a child fizzled out during my teenage years
from what I've heard it resurfaces in a terrible way when I get a little hungry.
I'm like a veela or something....
Now my sweet hubby is always prepared with a baggie of trail mix or a granola bar
Or even better...Reese's Big cups!
(He knows me too well at this point!)

It's kind of like how Missionaries carry dog bones in the suit jackets I guess...
just a precautionary measure ; )

And just so you know what else has been on my mind
(and what 99% of my pins are....)

chocolate chocolate cheese cake

No comments:

Post a Comment