I have never gone so long without updating our family blog.
And there is no way I will be able to catch y'all up unless I write a book.
So like Inigo Montoya says,
'Let me explain....
No, there is too much. Let me sum up.'
After working for what seemed like an interminable amount of time as a consultant,
Henry quit his job to go to Grad school.
I was pretty excited.
Mostly because I've been a married single mom since last november;
when Henry started traveling every week again.
(Hence the lack of blog updates.)
But We have happily moved out of our dinky
two bedroom apartment in Harrisburg
into a much more spacious townhome.
And Henry has already started his two week orientation for his MBA program.
We've received callings in our new ward
(Sunday school teachers)
and have been assigned to speak in sacrament meeting in two weeks.
So we're pretty much a fixture here.
Now that we're mostly settled
and we aren't gone every week (or weekend)
to visit family
go on a trip
or do something fun
(you know, since school's started)
I decided to try and be better about updating with pictures.
and videos.
and updates on the boys.
So all you Montanans should be pretty happy.
Bence has had a blast this summer.
He has played his little heart out and
(more often than not)
collapsed in total exhaustion by the end of the day.
We've been to amusement parks,
pools,
parks,
restaurants,
playgrounds,
and everywhere in between.
He's turning into an awesome big brother.
He's very willing to share his food,
slightly less willing to share toys,
and completely selfless when it comes to giving his brother his own binky.
We started potty training this week and he's been a superstar.
He picked out his own fancy underwear
(we got a pack of supermario and superheros)
and so far we've only had one really messy accident.
and that was mostly my fault.
Finn on the other hand....
This boy melts my heart.
He's a mamas boy.
he still loves to be snuggled and kissed.
and it turns me into a puddle
every. single. time.
We've been trying to help him learn how to sleep in his crib the last couple weeks.
and we've been mostly successful.
we got to the point where he would only sleep in bed with us.
and after a while he would only sleep if my arm was wrapped around him.
and then he would only sleep if his hands were in constant contact with my face and hair.
and then he would only sleep if I was actually holding him...
so that had to change.
It's been a little rough.
It breaks my heart to let him cry for any amount of time in his crib.
especially because I know he would stop crying right away if I picked him up.
But then I know I wouldn't get any sleep at all.
But he's done much better the last couple nights.
and he's actually slept thru the night a few times this week.
like he went to bed at 10pm
and slept all the way till 7 in the morning.
Finn loves his brother.
He will follow bence everywhere.
and he wants to do everything bence does.
It makes it really hard to tell bence to stop doing...whatever it is he's doing
when Finn is laughing uncontrollably because he finds his brother so funny.
And I'm pretty sure bence loves all the attention
and adoration he gets from his little bro.
I can't believe my little butterball will be a year old in just a few weeks.
It's both a blessing and a curse that it goes by so fast.
my sleep deprived self is so happy that Finn is old enough to start (finally!) sleeping thru the night.
My sadistic side keeps whispering, 'no! Stay small and needy forever!'
However fast or slow time seems to go,
I wouldn't have these boys any other way.
They are more perfect than I ever would have dreamed.
<3


You are such a wonderful mom! What fun adventures your family has ahead. We miss and love you so much!! Let's meet in Orlando someday and go to Harry potter world!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a wonderful mom! What fun adventures your family has ahead. We miss and love you so much!! Let's meet in Orlando someday and go to Harry potter world!
ReplyDelete