Sunday, February 14, 2016

Bence-isms

I just want to remember some of the things bence has been saying lately.
so much of what he says is still unintelligible.
but what is coherent  usually has me in stiches.


Lately, bence has limited understanding of clocks and telling time.
pretty much everything happens at "2 o'clock."

so he's taken to telling me what's on his schedule at this most important time of day.

"Mommy, I eatz 2 o'clock."
"Mom, I get owie 2 o'clock."
"Mom, I go Y (the YMCA) 2 o'clock."
"Mommy, I go poop 2 o'clock."

All these comments are accompanied by emphatic head nods and pointing.



Bence has also reached the "No" stage.
Despite the initial laughs we got out it,
we're so done at this point.
(and by WE I mean I.")

even simple things like getting dressed or putting on shoes can take forever.
Because of that one word, "no."

and Finn is following bence's example very quickly.
If bence doesn't want to get dressed, Finn doesn't either.
If bence doesn't like the cereal I gave him, Finn throws his on the floor.
if Bence wants Juice instead of water, finn refuses to drink too.

a few weeks ago bence tripped on a toy and fell on the floor, 
so finn quickly spun in a circle while yelling "woah, woah, woah!" 
and then very theatrically, fell to the floor next to his brother. 


I never thought I'd have a baby that was harder to get dressed than bence. 
But Finn takes the cake. 
Wiping his butt has become an olympian task I feel I should probably get a medal for. 
Keeping the contents of his diaper out of his reach while he grabs himself, me, the carpet/bed, any toys within reach all while he's trying to do headstands and kicking his feet as hard as he can....
it's more complicated than I ever realized. 

Every word bence picks up comes out of Finn's mouth within the next day or so.
so far his favorite words are "no," "mine," and "go."
He usually says them all in the whiniest way possible.
(I say that not as a complaint but as a fact.)
I'm convinced he picks up his sass from his older brother.
But he's also picked up "peas," and "hank ooo," so that helps balance out the toddler teenager attitude.
(And it's just beyond adorable to head him talk at all.)


(In this picture he's saying "no" because I told him to get down and leave my spice jars alone.)

We've also hit the stage where we have to hide all the chairs or keep them on top of the table to discourage Finn from climbing on top of the counter and getting into cabinets.
I've ever considered putting child proof clips on the upper cupboards.

We went to chick fil a yesterday because they have a play place.
about ten minutes after we got there, a few other boys came in to play.
once was 5 and the other was 7.
Their mom saw finn and bence and made sure to tell her older boys to be careful since there were little kids playing too. 
I wasn't too worried and told her bence would be fine.
When her five year old came down the slide, he looked at me and said,
"GEEZE! That guy is rough!"
(In reference to bence.)


but even though he can be a little rough, 
Bence can also be so sweet.
I love listening to him say prayers, because he just kind of mumbles the whole time. 
We try to help him, so Henry or I will say,
"we thank thee for ____"
and instead of repeating after us, he'll just fill in the blank at the end of the sentence with
"day," "mommy," of "ars." (cars)

He is so excited about everything. and I love listening to him explain things or tell me stories.
I can understand most of what he says,
even when other people can't,
and i feel like I get to glimpse the world through his eyes when he tells me things. 


I'm so glad I get to be home with them everyday.
and notice all these little changes as they grow.

these boys are my favorites.
<3 <3 <3





3 comments:

  1. My goodness! They are beyond cute. I am not partial either! :)
    The pics are precious and the blog keeps me from going insane-- being AWAY from them. Keep it up doll! You are THE BEST mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! They are beyond cute. I am not partial either! :)
    The pics are precious and the blog keeps me from going insane-- being AWAY from them. Keep it up doll! You are THE BEST mommy!

    ReplyDelete