Monday, April 30, 2012


No...It's not a fuzzy TV screen.

It's a peanut!

Numero uno O'Connor will be joining us this November in a town near you! 
This makes our baby the third to join the ranks of O'Connorhood this year. The only question is whether our baby will follow their predecessors and make me an outnumbered female in this household. 
Only time will tell! (in about 4-8 weeks) 

Henry and I found out about a week after our anniversary that I have a small dinosaur growing in my belly; or maybe a seahorse--we can't agree what our peanut looks like the most. We are excited beyond belief and already can't wait to see this new little person growing (and making me very ill) at an amazing rate! 

I had never really thought about all the people we know that  would want to hear about this exciting development. It't funny how events like these make you realize just how many people you know and how many people are in your family alone. I don't think I realized how many people count as extended family until this weekend when we were rushing about trying to tell as many people "in person" (through skype or phone calls) before they heard through the grapevine. Thankfully my wonderful Mom did most the work for me, and as she mentioned yesterday half of Pennsylvania knows that there is another baby O'Connor in formation.

I'm obviously not showing (at all) but somehow I feel fatter than ever and I don't want to wear pants. More often than not you can find me layed out like a beached whale on our couch watching mindless daytime television and trying to force down cheese sticks and crackers. So far our peanut doesn't like food...in general. The only exceptions are watermelon, pop-tarts and baked lays. And for some reason lemonade and crystal light taste really salty. This means that what I have been able to stomach has not had too much nutritional value, but at this point eating anything is an accomplishment. Henry has really picked up the slack for me and has already begun his duties as homemaker. He hasn't cleaned any toilets yet--but he's scrubbed the kitchen, washed dishes, run laundry, cleaned out the vacuum cleaner and submitted to my every whim thus far.He's been a real trooper for the last eleven weeks. 

Next week we have our twelve week appointment! I am really excited to see if the new ultrasound will have a discernible little person in it since our baby's first picture was totally un-interpret-able without the doctor pointing to specific parts. Although having a picture to show to unsuspecting family made the telling part more fun than I ever would have imagined.  

For all the family who will keep up with us through this blog we are really excited that we can share this with you and we are even more excited that YOU are so excited! Like I already mentioned, I never realized how many people we have to support and help us through all the ups and downs of pregnancy. We love you and wish we could share this in person!

I will try my best to update regularly (but I'm not sure I'm be able to give Dad hourly updates.) I will also post pictures from our recent trip to Seattle soon-

Peanut out!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you!!! And I am so sorry you are sick. It gets better though, at least it did for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE most exciting news on the planet... of course I am biased but still!
    I hope you keep us updated on this blog. It is VERY hard being so far away. Your blog is my life line!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see if our side of the family prevails and gives yet another little lady! :)

    ReplyDelete