Seattle was great.
It worked out perfectly-- Henry would go to his conference in the Morning and I would usually feel good enough to do touristy stuff in the evening.
The biggest downside: we were right by the water--and I didn't want anything to do with fish. Which really stinks...because all the restaurants down by the pier would literally get their fish from their back door every morning.
I told Henry that this will probably be the last vacation we EVER take for the rest of our lives where we are not really parents yet. He said he was planning on one more trip before the baby comes--don't ask me what he has in mind, but I'm hoping it doesn't involve sleeping on the ground with rocks in my back while enjoying the great outdoors. ; )
This is going to be a really long post--because we took a ton of pictures. Turn a blind eye if you will or head on out if you can't endure it, because this will last a while!
 |
| I got to weigh myself on every planet--I promise I was having a better time than the look on my face indicates. Henry always tries to catch me by surprise before I cover my face and run away. |
 |
| Don't ask me what this is...but when Henry saw it....... |
 |
| He just had to climb to the top |
 |
| Tropical butterfly exhibit inside the Science Center. Who knew they ate kiwi? |
 |
| Pacific Science Center |
 |
| Seattle Aquarium |
 |
| We saw all these fat sea lions during a cruise of the bay--and a bald eagle. I kind of felt like Jeff Corwin...seeing animals in their natural habitat....in the city |
 |
| All the Crab were bound up so tight with rubber bands they were like shellfish hockey pucks....just 12 inches in diameter |
 |
| The enormously expensive hotel we stayed at--only four blocks from the bay. |
 |
| We found a statue made out of crap! |
 |
The Barnharts have this family joke about penguins....
Two for two today! Hope you enjoyed the pictures! We had a great time, spend some money, and got to cross another state off the list! |
looks like you two had a blast! So glad you were able to go up together!
ReplyDeleteSeattle pictures are AWESOME! I love you in the BIG chair! So happy you could get away and have a vacation before summer term....
ReplyDeleteMiss you tons!
mom