I never followed up with my promise of more posts last week--
in fact, I didn't post at all.
Between moving
school
midterms
and the usual cooking, cleaning, laundry
I feel like I haven't gotten a whole lot done lately.
I've entered a new world where I have to make dinner every night
because I'm feeding two boys instead of one.
Usually, I'll make dinner early in the week
and I'm so bad at cutting recipes down
that we end up eating it for the next five days
and then throwing away the rest
because I can't stand eating it again.
I haven't made larger amounts of anything
but for once, we eat it the day I make it.
and then it's gone.
It's like magic.
There is a plus and minus to this--
I throw away a lot less food....
(which makes me feel much better about buying groceries--because I know I'll use them)
but that chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting?
Gone.
In a day and a half.
Levi ate an entire row in one sitting.
AFTER eating two huge bowls of pasta with meat sauce.
In baby news, we've had a lot more action this week than the past 18 weeks combined.
After coming home from church Sunday and plopping onto my spot on the couch
(i love that couch...it's heaven in upholstery)
I felt such a sharp little jab below my belly button
I jumped right off said couch.
The rest of the week has been filled with lots of little pokes and twirls and butterflies
which I know aren't gas
or my stomach rumbling
or anything else I've experienced before.
It's pretty awesome
and I notice it all day long--
sitting up
sitting down
while I'm walking
not just when I'm laying on my back and trying not to move so I can feel something.
Other lovely *side effects* of pregnancy thus far:
Still have to go to the bathroom every half hour
(even if I don't drink anything...somehow)
hips and back always hurt
excessive and loud gas--NOT fun when I'm in a totally silent library
rolling over during the night is a chore
I have to sit up
then turn
then lay back down
otherwise it feels like every abdominal muscle rips.
In general, my skin on my stomach feels like clothing stretched too tight
and the seams are about to pop!
Have also noticed:
Constant headaches
the worst sweet tooth of my entire life
as in...it's insatiable
and I can't make it go away.
I make terribly tasty treats every other night in an attempt to please the cravings
(hence the chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and the lemon bars I made the night after)
but it just leads to more baking
(something Henry and Levi are perfectly fine with.)
and the usual fatigue where I sit on my butt with my mouth open and jaw slack watching something
stupid on TV
because I just don't have the energy to do anything else.
and of course...
The best part?
I now have to be extra careful any time I laugh
because I've noticed through experience
that I have no control over my bladder anymore.
When did that happen?
I used to make fun of my mom on road trips for this very same reason.
I suppose I got my just desserts.
I've also put on five or six pounds (in total) since being at my lowest weight during the yucky
I-can't-hold-anything-down stage.
Now it's the I-can't-put-food-in-my-mouth-fast-enough stage.
I'm seriously hungry half an hour after we eat.
but I always have that weird sensation that I'm already super full
and I want to unbutton my pants so I have some extra room.
Crazy, eh?
just for fun, here are more pictures of my bigger belly.
I've noticed that it's getting harder to see my feet when I stand up straight
Can you tell I'm awake and ready for the day?!
(Not so much)
and you know how I mentioned that I'm tired all the time.....?
when we got home last night I was dead tired.
So the boys made me dinner and cleaned the kitchen
while I ate 4 otter-pops and then crashed
Everything (and everyone) seems perfectly normal and healthy.
Which is exactly what we wanted--
a totally uneventful pregnancy!
Henry and Levi have been champs
doing dishes and laundry and making me dinner
Henry especially has been extremely sensitive to my needs.
Especially when I mention I'm hungry
because when I need to eat I need to eat NOW.
as in immediately. forthwith.on the double.
Like last week, when I nearly bit his head off out of desperate hunger
he bought me a candy bar and kindly said,
"Eat your fast break before you break me fast."
He's such a little trooper to have a sense of humor at a time like this....
i wish you could hear how hard I'm laughing. please come visit me soon! of all the people I know... i miss you the most! you are Adorable with your little belly! get over here so I can make you a cake!
ReplyDeletei love it. so funny!
ReplyDeletei never had loud gas but the smell...
it really is crazy how much your body changes. it's like you are a totally different person with the same brain.
you're looking great, by the way. :)
oh i'm not missing those "perks" of pregnancy these days! (especially now that we are somewhat sleeping through the night again). anyways, enjoy it while it lasts it goes by way too fast! (i know that is easy said than done) and you are the cutest pregnant lady ever. :) xoxo
ReplyDelete