It's been two weeks since I last updated.
My 25 week appointment has come and gone, and everything looks a-okay.
I'm still trying to figure out why I go in and wait for an hour
just for my doctor to measure my belly and listen to kisbaba's heart beat.
The latter part is pretty awesome, but my visits take what....10 minutes? after waiting an hour?
Maybe they do this to help future mothers learn patience.
Maybe they do this to help future mothers learn patience.
I think I'm well on my way to being a good mom if that's the case.
I mentioned in my last post that I've been sleeping great-
Well...I think I jinxed myself.
That's definitely not been the case recently
I've never been more uncomfortable in a bed in my whole life.
I slept with two large pillows stuffed under the small of my back last night.
and one huge king size pillow stuffed between my legs to keep my hips from hurting.
Then I hugged Henry's arm all night to try and balance myself on my side.
When I woke up, I felt like I had slept on a moderately sized PVC pipe for 12 hours.
somehow it seems unfair that the last few precious weeks of sleeping through the night are disturbed by so many bodily aches and pains.
There is a plus side to all this
being up at night I am more aware of our busy body moving.
Last night I think he was using my bladder as a trampoline.
It was the strangest sensation.
I'd have to go to the bathroom really bad for a split second-
then it would stop--then I'd have to go--then it would stop--then I would have to go
Sometimes when I feel him move, I'll put my hand over the spot on my belly where I feel it
and he'll give me a real sharp jab right where my hand is.
He already knows how to give me a high-five! I love this little man!
He has been super active lately.
The last few days I've tried to keep track of his movements and look at the clock when he does squirm so I know when he moves and for how long.
In general, the longest I've gone without feeling anything was around an hour and a half
two hours tops.
He's his father's child. ; )
Henry still can't get used to some of the changes that are happening.
The other morning on the way to work, we were talking about something and I felt kisbaba do a total 360 in my stomach.
It was so sudden and unexpected and felt so strong that I actually threw my hands in the air and screamed ---right as we were talking about what we were going to eat for dinner. (Pizza)
When this happens, the look Henry will give me is almost worth recording and sending in to America's Funniest Home Videos.
I've tried to explain how strange it is to feel something moving inside of me when it isn't my body.
It's someone else's body!
I still can't help but feel that human biology would make for an excellent alien movie.
(As beautiful and wonderful as it is)
We also mentioned previously (or at least I mentioned) that we've been thinking about names.
Henry and I have decided that girl names are easier--we've already picked three or four we like.
Boy names, though? Much tougher--because we don't really want to use anything...commonly heard.
But we aren't the kind of crazy Mormons that make up our own names.
I've always been amazed at how closely related made-up Mormon names are to African American names.
When you live in Utah, you really do see little white girls names Shaleza and Lafonda.
While we appreciate unique, we aren't so keen on made up.
One of the names we're stuck on is Hungarian.
I did tell Henry we couldn't use anything that was too difficult to pronounce
--no strings of 8 of more consonants uninterrupted by vowels--
and he kindly reminded me that my maiden name--
a name very easy to pronounce
was once mistaken for "Copper-Shmuck"
and I conceded that there will always be those who will butcher a name even if it's something as simple as "Coppersmith."
Henry thought of one Hungarian name that fits the bill.
Although it looks kind of funny, it's really very simple.
And there are so many possibilities for nick-names that it would be perfect for one of our children.
"Bence."
Spelled like fence--but pronounced Ben-sa.
We've tried it out to see how we like it.
And I constantly find myself referring to my baby as "benny-boy"
It's actually really nice to have a real name to call our little person.
It still isn't set in stone, and we may change our minds, but for now, it's worked well.
I still think I will have to see his sweet little face before I pin him with a name for the rest of his life.
Say what you want, but I think Bence is way better than some of the names I remember from elementary school like Cash and Rowdy.
and the girl names! They were even worse!
Princess---(yes, she was in my second grade class)
Neveah ---(who names their child "heaven" spelled backwards?)
*Sorry if you really have named your child Neveah.*
We actually knew I guy in our old ward whose name was Jedidiah but he went by Jedi.
and his last name was Knight.
Can you imagine the bullying in high school?
Anyway, here is my latest project.
I've been working on it at night when I sit on my butt and watch TV.
It makes me feel slightly less useless.
and every time I pick it up I can't help but want to wrap it around an adorable little baby boy!
I still have a long way to go....I probably should have counted out my first row instead of winging it--I made it almost as long as my dining room table....that was a mistake...
Once I get some interfacing and backing as well as some other sewing supplies I want to start on my quilt!
This is the fabric I bought when we were up in Rexburg -->
I kind of feel like my Nana when the first thing I want to say is "it was on sale for 2.39 a yard!"
But seriously, that is pretty good for fabric!
And here is the belly....
I think I can sympathize with my Sister-in-Law Emma.
I keep having people tell me how small I am.
Not that I really mind people telling me this...on a normal basis...
but when I they ask how far I am and I tell them six months, they look at me incredulously.
Like I'm mistaken.
Or counted my weeks wrong.
But personally, I'm pretty sure I really am that far along, despite the concern of total strangers.
It's like magic! When you're facing me you can't even tell there's a foot and a half long baby hiding inside!
This is the view from where I'm standing.
It's really bizarre to not see my feet.
Showering has become kind of scary.
I always have this awful feeling I'm going to slip and fall.
so Henry found the perfect remedy.
(As usual)
When we went to Wal-mart last Saturday
he bought me non-slip adhesive ducks for the bottom of the tub!
Supposedly around this time of your pregnancy, you enjoy a fuller head of hair.
Thanks to all the hormones raging in your swollen, achy body, you shed a lot less than a non-pregnant person.
This is one of the more pleasant side-effects I haven't had the joy of noticing yet.
And then it dawned on me as I went to shave the other day
I do have fuller, thicker hair
it's just that none of it is located on my head.
I can no longer go a week between shaving anymore--It's an almost daily hygiene need.
I feel like a transformer--all these changes happening on a weekly basis.
It's actually pretty fun
and funny
Henry patiently and lovingly listens as I list all the wonderful and magical (and sometimes) gross things that happen--He's really a good sport about it.
School is over for the summer!
I honestly don't know when I will ever take a full load again--maybe never? We'll see.
I'm signed up for one class in the fall.
But that means plenty of time for crafty projects! ; )
I've started and actually finished something, but since it's a Christmas gift, I have to keep it a secret.
I have Benny-boy's first home video to share as well!
Henry is going to help me figure out how to put it up tomorrow morning
he has to format it and do some other cool techy things that I don't have the patience to do.
It's the video from our last ultrasound where they looked at every little body part-
I think he's almost half a foot longer now, but it's still neat to see everything.
(for those of you who are supper interested)
(i.e. grandmas)
; )







you are such a cute little pregnant lady. and oh how i hated those uncomfortable "always feel like you have to pee" nights. I also hope you can decide on a name, that was the hardest part for me. :) love and miss you!
ReplyDeletelove the pictures! i think i had that same shirt - and LIVED in it last summer. :)
ReplyDeletei like bense. it will definitely get mispronounced/spelled, but if you go by ben or benny that's cake.
and, don't worry, your hair will start falling out like crazy after he comes... except it will only be the hair on your head. :(