I can't believe summer is almost over already.
I think I'm ready to give up the hot-hot-hot sunny days we've had for the last four months.
I actually can't wait to use a sheet when I go to bed and not sweat all night.
And I might be ready for chili and sweaters and crisp cool weather. But I love summer!
Since I've been home almost every day of the week there isn't a whole lot to report on.
(Unless you want a blow by blow account of how I clean toilets and wash laundry)
(Contrary to the title of this post, I haven't been lazy)
But here's a little bit of what we've been up to.
In case you're confused--we've been bulking up our food storage.
diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, soy milk (that one's all Henry) carrots, corn, potatoes, onions, berries, chicken, pork, snausage....you name it--now we have it.
and I've been cleaning (everything)
Including our freezer-the contents of which are all (neatly) labeled and dated.
and stacked according to animal, vegetable, or mineral.
We've also been enjoying summers bounty:
I've also eaten my own body weight in Zucchini and Yellow Squash.
But since it's one of my favorite things to eat, I never manage to get a picture before I inhale it.
What is it about peanut butter and chocolate that's so good?
Henry always puts them in the freezer as soon as we bring a bag home.
He says he likes the taste better when they are cold
but I think it's just a clever ploy to keep me from downing the whole bag at once.
They're a little harder to eat when they are frozen solid, but I've managed just fine so far.
Benny-boy has been doing great too.
This is our 28th week, and apparently he's the size of a Chinese Cabbage. We are officially starting the 3rd Trimester! Time has really flown. Now we need to start stocking up his "nursery"
(also known as the far side of our bedroom)
Our only "baby" purchase so far has been a few onesies. I think it's time for a trip to IKEA.
I think our peanut has been a little overwhelmed by all the natural sugar I've been eating (in fruit mostly)
Loving squash must be another prerequisite in our family. He does cartwheels every time I have it.
Most the time it feels like there's a tennis game going on inside my stomach.
Last week I felt a lot of movement all the sudden, so (naturally) I looked down at my belly.
For the first time I could actually see my stomach moving of its own accord.
Like a baby soccer game or something.
with my stomach as the goal net?
It actually reminded me of what Santa's belly should look like when he laughs....it jiggles...all on its own.
I've mentioned this previously, but I think our baby is a trouble-maker in the making....
I tell Henry every little detail about what is going on and what I'm feeling.
But the minute I tell him to look at my stomach (because it's visibly moving)
or grab his hand so he can feel what I'm feeling
Kisbaba will totally and completely cease and desist any and all motion.
It's like he knows he's getting attention and is playing hard to get. Or he's trying to make me a liar.
So when I looked down at my stomach last night and saw my belly impersonating a wave, I tried to get Henry's attention immediately.
and when he finally saw it (for the first time) his eyebrows disappeared into his hair line.
I think he was pretty surprised to see skin behave like water.
I'm almost finished with my blanket. I have less than half of my last skein left and then I just have to finish my border!
I realized too late that I made it much too long.
I guess this is why they tell you to count your first row of stiches.
I guess when our little peanut isn't using it we can throw it on the table as a runner or something.
Hopefully Kisbaba won't mind.
I've been avoiding it for the last few days because I get so sweaty and gross every time I work on it.
It's so big and heavy there's no way for it not to be on my lap while I stitch.
We've also been busy visiting family.
Our last gathering took place at the Grandma hotel this last Sunday.
All the way out in Tool-ey.
Every time I drag out the camera I get these looks....
You'd think people don't like to have their pictures taken or something....
Taking with your hands is inherent in our family's DNA. There's no escaping it. I narrowed avoided being hit in the face when I took this picture.
This picture was taken a few moments too early.
If you had been in the same spot I'm standing in five minutes later
And true to Coppersmith form, we had just as many desserts as main dishes.
Grandma made her famous chocolate-chocolate cake and we sang "Happy Birthday" to everything in our family who was born in august...so basically everyone.
(we have a lot of August Birthdays)
For the first time in my life I actually ate so much that I had to stand up to breathe.
We also got to see little Ruby Jo.
But I think you can tell for yourself, even if she's a little blurry.
Happy Birthday to all the August Babies. We missed you if you weren't with us, but we still love you--even if you live far away!













oh how i miss those dessert buffets when gramma cleaned every ounce of sugar out of her freezer and pantry. oh yeah, and dinner. :)
ReplyDeletemiss ya'll!
i am still so sad that we weren't able to make it out to tooele! i was wanting to see your cute belly and catch up on how you are feeling. hope we can get together soon!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo I tried leaving you a comment but I am at work, so it came up under someone else's google account. whoops...
ReplyDeleteHere's what I said:
"Please come visit me! We have another Skif for you to meet! I oh so wish I could come shopping with you at IKEA. Have a plate of meatballs for me!"