Monday, October 8, 2012

34 Weeks and counting!

I'm 34 weeks today!
That means I'm (technically) only 3 weeks away from being full-term
which (I've heard) is a nasty trick played on pregnant women when they still have an additional 3 weeks to go. 

Everything has been cherries and berries in O'Connor world
As a disclaimer, I hope those who follow our blog don't feel that it is a place to read about wife O'Connor whining about pregnant life.
When I say heartburn is my constant companion
and that I now have man hands
and massively swollen feet
it's mostly just a commentary on how strange it is to see my body change so dramatically.
(which it has- and does on a daily basis.) 

I can't begin to explain or describe how bizarre it is to have a little person inside changing everything from how fast my nails grow to how thick my hair is.
But I'm really very happy.
(In case you didn't know that already.)

Our little man is very active.
He is constantly digging little feet into my rib cage and pushing his butt up against the right side of my belly.
The first time this happened, it was like an alien movie--
I just looked down and saw this massive bulge sticking further and further and further out of my side.
and then all the sudden it flattened out and looked normal again.

If you gently poke my belly, it's all hard on the right hand side
but totally caves in on the left.
I think Benny-boy is permanently situated on the right.
He's big enough you can feel little bumps and bulges if you press in the right spots.

Here is some of what we (and by we I mean I) have been up to in the last month. Most of these are picture of recent projects I've (finally) completed.


This was a lovely little rocking glider we got from D.I. (a thrift store) that had the nastiest, grimy-est, grossest tweed upholstery. So I redid it. Now it's soft and plushy. (And it matches the rest of our living room)


I finally finished the crocheted baby blanket I started back in July! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out--even if the far end (not pictured) is all lumpy and bunched because I wove it too loose in the beginning.

 Remember that fabric I bought for a quilt? I finished that too! I broke two needles on my sewing machine in the process, but I finished it! 



And here is my belly.



At my last appointment, I found out I've gained 40 pounds. I think I may need to cut back on the reeces. 


 We also bought our crib about a month ago. Henry put it together and it fits right next to our bed. 
Everything is coming together!


Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. look at you!! I need your help getting a rocking chair for Mitchell's room! you are so seriously talented. I'm quite privileged to be your friend. =) I can't believe how soon the baby will be here!! yeah!

    ReplyDelete