Saturday, November 17, 2012

4 Weeks


Bence is five weeks old. (almost)
It's hard to believe that he should still (technically) be in utero, at least until Monday.
He has already grown so much and developed such a funny little personality.
At his last doctors appointment he tipped the scales at just over 7 lbs.
He went up two pounds in just over a week.
He makes Henry and I laugh everyday. 
He has the most extensive range of facial expressions I've ever witnessed and he is so vocal.
Henry and I have already decided that it's virtually impossible that he will be as quiet as Hirum; at least if carries on the way he has so far.

Here are some of the things he really likes at this point in his young life:

Being snuggled
eating
sleeping with a bright light
eating
being swaddled 
his binkie
eating
sleeping
and eating some more....

Some of the things he hasn't taken too kindly to are...

pooping/constipation
gas
wet burps
bad dreams
being wet
baths (at least when he gets water in his mouth--he's fine until his face is wet)

Life can be rough for an infant. When I watch Bence drag his little nails down his face (nearly gouging out his eyes in the process) as he *hemhem* does his business, I can't help but feel lucky that it's not such an ordeal when I go to the bathroom. 

There have also been a few times that he's had such explosive gas it wakes him out of a sound sleep--and then he cries because he's so startled. 

We've also noticed that when he gets really hungry, he gets a little frantic.
He'll open his mouth as wide as he can, and shake his head from side to side as fast as he can.
it makes me laugh because he's already impatient.

Overall he has been a happy baby. He has the sweetest little smile, and I swear he's even laughed in his sleep. (He is still doing his goat-man impression from time-to-time)

Sometimes I can't help but watch him while he naps; he's just such a cute little man. Now I understand why my Nana loved squeezing babies so much. It scares me that he's already growing up so fast. I wish I could slow it down a little.

....remember those facial expressions I mentioned before?...















He has stolen my heart! 
(life doesn't get better than this)


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is going to steal all of the ladies'' hearts some day too!! What a cutie! Glad things are going well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see your little guy! I can't believe that you're a mom now - feels like just yesterday we were at EFY. All the best!

    ReplyDelete