Saturday, December 8, 2012

the reality of motherhood

this week has been eye-opening.
i wasn't ever naive enough to think that motherhood would always be sweet smelling babies cooing and smiling all the time...
but i wasn't quite prepared for my little man to have- (as my dad would say)-"a piss-poor attitude about life."
(a comment he made about me in a family video from yesteryear)
this was what Sunday night, Monday, Monday night, and part of Tuesday looked like:


....in other words--baby cuss words.

At first i thought it was just colic or purple crying, whatever you want to call it.
I think this is why people say first babies survive their parents and subsequent children survive their siblings...
sometime Tuesday morning I had the bright idea that Bence might just be hungry, even though he had just eaten.
Usually if he seems frantic after eating I try to give him a pacifier first since it's usually just gas (or burps) and eating more just makes things worse.
Not this time.
Turns out he was just hungry.
Really hungry.
In fact, you'd think he hadn't eaten in ages the way he was carrying on.
I had no idea that in one day he would go from eating 4 oz every  four hours to eating 6 oz every two to three hours. 
Poor little guy was just hungry!
Needless to say I feel like a terrible mother, but now little buddy is much happier.
The rest of the week he has looked like this....




....In other words...angelic.





2 comments:

  1. All i can say is that the three of you survived me and Dad! Each one is different so watch out! But you are learning!
    LOVE YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always tell nate that i wish addie had a "fuel gauge" so you could know for sure when she was full or not. it's hard to know when they are just having hungry days!

    ReplyDelete