Friday, February 28, 2014

About three months ago we had a fun discovery.


 Yep....that's right! We're having another bundle of joy.


Naturally we're excited....and scared out of our minds.
I had a moment of panic a few weeks ago when bence had strep throat. And I hadn't slept more than an hour at a time, night or day, for over a week.
I thought to myself, "how on earth am I going to take care of two babies when I can barely take care of one?"


But then I realized, that technically, I'm already taking care of two babies.
And considering the constant sleep deprivation caused by baby #1, the general exhaustion typical of pregnancy and the onslaught of nausea over the last two months, we're not doing too poorly.
I mean, we're all still alive, right?

(By the way, if you haven't seen this coke commercial yet, watch it. It's funny and short, and kind of sums up the mixture of excitement and hysteria that accompany parenthood.)

we're excited for our addition.
I think bence will make a great big brother.
And I think one of the best things we can do for him is give him a best friend for life.
Which is what siblings are, really.

So stay tuned! We have lots of exciting new changes to look forward to this year and we will keep you updated with pictures and videos and all sorts of fun things.

Meanwhile. Here's another picture of bence and his beloved hammer. (which is blurry because he's using it to play his xylophone.)



4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! It's totally exhausting but so rewarding. I wouldn't change having kids so close together. Already they're best friends. Take care of yourself and enjoy this 'quiet' time before the baby comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats you guys :) We are so excited for you guys!!!!! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jess, it's hard work but so worth it. And you can do it! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! YAY!!!! It may seem overwhelming but let me tell you... you will never regret it, when they can play together, it makes your life SO MUCH EASIER! I know it sounds crazy but it's true. With Bence having a little shadow he will be so happy! Good luck with everything. Remember the power of fasting and prayer, it has gotten me thought a lot of overwhelming moments. =)

    ReplyDelete