Oh hey...we finally got around to updating this dusty old rag.
I'm surprised you remembered we blogged at all at the rate we've kept up lately.
I have so many photos and so many stories I've already half forgotten....
so this will mostly be a picture dump and a bence update.
I had intended to work on new posts every week, but we fell off that bandwagon about two weeks in.
Daddy has been working remotely for the last few weeks, so we mostly try to stay out of his hair and (when possible) out of the house.
Which means updates have to be done on the iPad.
But we've had lots of adventures in the last month or two.
We've had lots of visits to Nana and Papa's and Grammo and Poppo's.
Bence continues to grow and change everyday.
As I watched him eating meatballs with a fork
(Or trying to, at least)
He looked like such a little boy.
A kid.
It makes me sad and happy.
The rest of the day is a blur.
I'm not kidding.
This kid moves so fast that 90% of all pictures he's in are smudged around the edges.
(See what I mean?)
I know I've written about his love of the outdoors, but lately it's been even more apparent.
He understands the word "outside," and will run for the door if he hears it. We've had to be careful not to drop that bomb in casual conversation. It's not worth the half hour it takes for Bence to calm down when he realizes we're not going outside.
Our neighbors have a playset behind our building that they let us use whenever we want, and Bence loves it.
I think our record on the swing was around half an hour.
He pulls on the straps of the swing while looking at me and grunting until I left him up and buckle him in.
And then he'll sit there and squeal and giggle with his eyes closed (if the sun is bright) while I push him.
And if I try to take him out before he's good and ready he'll scream and cry and try to crawl back up into the swing by himself.
(The shovel--also courtesy of our neighbors--is one of bence's favorite toys. he can't put it down long enough to go down the slide or swing.)
We had our first real tantrum as a result of that swing set.
Bence has always hated coming inside after playing outdoors.
He's usually throws a mini tantrum when we come in and it usually lasts five minutes or so before he finds a toy he's interested in, or gets a cup from mommy to distract him.
But last week, I had to go to the bathroom after we'd been out for less than ten minutes;
I had to carry him up the stairs to our apartment under my arm with his little legs flailing and his arms flying in every direction.
This has never been an easy feat, but with my growing belly it's becoming even harder.
It took him an hour to come to grips with being inside again.
We didn't go out again that day.
I was more than a little nervous we'd repeat the whole incident.
I seriously considered starting one of those photo journals you see on pinterest...
"why my child is crying"
(for example: "I wouldn't let my child climb on the table"... or "I wouldn't buy my child 'the dollie movie' i.e. chuckie...)
(I wouldn't let him stick his feet in his breakfast.")
(His toy was suctioned to the side of the table and he couldn't get it off.)
Bence hasn't really used many more words than last time we updated, but he understands a lot.
When I tell him we're going outside he runs right to the door and pulls on the knob.
Yesterday I asked him where daddy was, and if he would get daddy for dinner. He didn't do it, but he kept looking back down the hallway and pointing toward our bedroom.
Here's some more of his favorites:
"AAaaay!" : His version of hey! Which Henry and I say all the time. He always says this very emphatically whether he's trying to climb on there kitchen table or on top of us.
"NA NA NA" : I'm pretty sure this means "no" because he saves it for when I take him off the table or stop him from climbing on me.
"DADADADA" : daddy's name; or just something to say when anything fun is going on.
"MAMAMA": used interchangeably with NANANA- usually when he's caught doing something naughty. Or on occasion when he actually wants me (instead of daddy) he'll throw himself on the floor while saying this in the most pathetic way possible until I pick him up and snuggle him.
He doesn't say too many "real" words yet, but he's a chatterbox. He's constantly speaks in baby language while looking at Henry and I in the most matter of fact way like, "come on guys, can't you me understand me?"
It's so cute to hear the conversations he has with himself. He also will speak in a really low, gravely voice and it's so cute to hear that coming out of such a little person.
I have to throw in here that Bence has also turned into a little daddy's boy. Henry has been working remotely the last three weeks, which means we get to see a lot of him during the day.
Seeing daddy for every meal is a novelty we haven't gotten tired of yet. the hard part is when daddy has to go back to work (our office is in the bedroom) and bence can't go in. He knows Henry is there and will pound on the door or wail right outside until I come and distract him with something else.
(These guys are best buds.)
It's really sweet to see him form such a strong attachment to henry. Just a few weeks ago I was wondering how B would transition with the new baby since he always wanted me at night, not henry.
We had our little routine at night (a routine that could last four hours-but a routine nonetheless) and Bence didn't like it when daddy tried to take over on the odd night here or there. Now the roles have reversed and he always wants daddy to hold him.
In Baby news all is well!
My last appointment (23 weeks) came and went and everything measured as perfectly normal.
I can't believe we're already to 25 weeks. it has really flown by.
(at least, once the morning sickness was over it started to fly.)
we've got ten fingers, ten toes, and little boy parts!
(This is the only nude shot I will ever post of my child online.)
Sadly, most of the 14 or so images they printed for me are really kinda pathetic.
Bence's regular ultrasound pics turned out way better than the 3-d images they did here.
I only got one good shot of this little boy's face.
During the entire appointment, he kept putting his hands up by his mouth so we couldn't get any face or profile images.
but he is just perfect as can be and right on target for size, weight, length, you name it.
The other day when I pulled the stroller out of the shed I saw a clear plastic container i had used to hold all bence's newborn clothes.
and realized, with a jolt, that in just a few months, I will have another little man to dress.
and snuggle.
we are pretty excited.
I love my boys!
besides, I think we did a pretty good job the first time around.





No comments:
Post a Comment