Saturday, May 31, 2014

Memorial Day!


I've decided I kind of hate the blogger app.
I can't tell you how many times I've tried to start a post on my ipad and save it only to find that it never saved.
And then we have to start all over again.


But we had so much fun over Memorial Day weekend that it made up for bloggers inadequacies. 
We went up to poppo's cabin, which has some of the most beautiful views I've seen since leaving Utah...


And had a bonfire, and roasted hotdogs and hamburgers and walked and talked and went down to the pond to see the fish and ate too many s'mores.

Bence had the first s'mores of his short little life. 
He had marshmallow everywhere; in between his fingers and in his hair and all over his face. 
And then he would touch other things....the bench, me, a tree, his toys, me again....and he'd try to eat the marshmallow off all those things too. (inlcuding me.)


He has also never been around a bonfire before. He kept holding his little hands out to feel the warmth, and then covering his face because it was pretty hot; even though he was a good four feet away.


He didn't like the pond so much....
The boys fished for a little while and Bence was torn between wanting to run into the water and not liking the feel of the grass on his legs. 


So we carried him most the time. 
This was his face after poppo held a fish out to him. 


he wasn't diggin' it. 




He had more fun pretending to drive poppo's truck. 


It was so beautiful the weather was so perfect. I couldn't help but take a million pictures.
Henry and sawyer even took the little pontoon boat out across the pond to see how deep the water was.


it was awesome. 
We had such a fun day and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. 



Bence was even really well behaved.
I was worried that the entire day would involve me chasing him away anything and everything dangerous.
and there can be a lot of dangerous things around when you're hanging out at a cabin that has a pond and you plan on having an open fire. 

but he was so good.
he played so well and was easily redirected whenever he got close to anything that made me nervous. 
and a lot can make me nervous.
he really is a sweetheart.


We also tried out bence's new life vest.
Not in water...but he tried it on.
Henry took the kids out kayaking in the morning, and Bence wanted to climb in while they were packing up. 


We just have to figure out how to get him to breath once it's buckled. 


Saturday we were outside (literally) from 10 am until about 8pm. 
But Bence still had a meltdown when we finally got back to Grammo and poppo's. 
He went to bed at 9:30 and I had to wake him up for church around 8:00 the next day.
he's never slept that long before. 

Then when we went to the coppersmiths!
We had the best steak dinner I've ever eaten, another campfire, stargazing, and ever more s'mores. And Bence even got to swim in the kiddie pool.
It was heaven. 



He kept giving me the funniest looks. 
especially when the sun started to go down.
He was playing and having the time of his life and all the sudden he would like at me as though wondering, "why are we still outside when it's dark?" 
Or when we roasted marshmallows...and I could tell that HE could tell this wasn't our usual sunday night routine. 


It was pretty cool out and mommy didn't pack a sweater for the little man, so we had to borrow the smallest thing aunt Callie had. Bence looked like a little jawa- complete with nonsensical muttering. 

We were excited for roasted marshmallows! 

He had the time of his life. 
We were sad to come back to laundry and groceries and real life on Tuesday. 
Especially since we've had rain everyday and haven't been to the park at all. 
But I think the whole weekend had a lasting impact on little man, 
He took an (almost) four hour long nap the other day.


He also ate corn on the cob for the first time last night, so this week hasn't been a total loss.


Lastly, Bence learned a few words over the holiday weekend. 
"Ahh-pop-pop" and "ShhhuuShus"
In bence speak that means "papa" and "shoes," respectively. 

I tried to get him saying it on video, and I think he might have whispered it once. 
It's about five minutes of watching him eat and play while I try to coax it out of him, but I'm sure the grandmas won't complain.



I feel so lucky to be mommy to this sweet, special, vivaciously crazy boy. It's hard to imagine a time when I wasn't his mommy. 


and we are so excited to meet his little brother!

P.S. 
It has been a really long time since I posted any videos. 
I finally went through my phone and uploaded the best.

by "best" I mean there is no baby-nudity and I sound the least like an idiot. 
There is still lots of screaming and loud noises; mostly from bence. 
But I thought I post them since it's been awhile. 






No comments:

Post a Comment