We're Back!
A few months ago I sold our computer desk and didn't realize what a crimp that would put on my already touch and go blogging habits.
But with the new year has come a resolution to update weekly. (haha, we'll see how this one goes.)
Our first baby is getting so big.
Bence is now three and has turned into the sweetest little gentleman.
He's moved up into the Sunbeams class at church and loves it.
He is the funniest little guy.
And He's already started cracking jokes.
He has such a big heart.
He's such an affectionate, energetic, excited little guy.
One of my favorite games is to sit on the floor and let bence give me a 'running hug.'
They almost always knock me over.
and he thinks it's hilarious.
(He had mixed feelings about ice skating.)
Right now, Bence loves "dies" (guys) and anything with eyes.
Cars with eyes, trains with eyes, boats with eyes,
"dies" with eyes...
Henry and I are pretty sick of any show with eyes at this point.
His favorite guys are his transformers.
He got two for christmas.
"tase" (chase, who transforms into a cop car.)
and "bades" (Blades, who transforms into a helicopter.)
He's always telling us about his "Coo dies, mommy!"
He also got my little tykes dollhouse from nana and papa in the mail a few weeks ago, and that's a favorite too.
He puts his helicopter in the dollhouse bed upstairs,
his transformer in the kitchen,
and makes his other cars slide down the dollhouse roof.
(But if I try to put anything in the dollhouse that doesn't actually belong with it, he moves it right away.)
One of my favorite things bence does lately is correct things that aren't right.
If I put a toy where it doesn't belong, (Like his tonka truck in the dollhouse,)
He'll look at me and say, "No, no, no...mommy"
and then move whatever i've put in the wrong place to where it's supposed to be.
He also loves to give kisses.
Bence is a big believer in long kisses.
He'll grab both sides of my face and plant big sloppy ones right on my lips.
A few weeks ago we had friends over for preschool and he decided to give his friend one of those sloppy kisses.
Rory tried to give bence a very innocent, from the side kind of hug.
Bence grabbed her by both shoulders and planted a good one smack dab on the lips.
It lasted a good ten seconds.
And then he looked at me and wiped his arm on his mouth and said,
"yuck, mommy...yuck."
Finn has realized he has a mind of his own too.
His first words were "momma" and "dadda,"
But "NO" quickly followed.
and is usually the response to just about everything.
Since Christmas Finn has had his first few time outs.
He finally realized that he didn't have to put up with his brother taking his toys all the time.
Henry and I watched him ball up his little fist and punch bence right in the shoulder while he yelled
"NO!"
Both of us were laughing while he stood against the wall in time out.
He's built pretty solid, and is learning to hold his own with his big brother.
His all time favorite lately is pushing the kitchen chairs to the counter so he can get into...just about everything.
For a while it was the microwave.
He loved to be able to open the door and slam it shut.
Over and over and over.
Now he just likes to get into everything he's not allowed to get into.
This is most often where I hear him use his favorite word. (no.)
And this is the face that usually accompanies it.
But Finn is still a momma's boy.
And really, I still love it.
I love that he loves to snuggle.
I love when we're out at the library or a friends house
and he'll come lay his head on my knee for a minute
or climb onto my lap
before he goes back to playing.
I love that kisses can make any boo boo better.
and I love when both Finn and Bence pile onto me the minute I lay down on the couch or the floor.
It's pretty much the best ever.
We've also moved Bence and Finn into the same room.
We figured christmas break would be a good time to try it,
since henry could help
and we had more flexibility sleeping in.
Both these goobers have done really well.
Before break Finn was up 3-4 times a night and now he's only up once if he's up at all.
I was just about dead from sleep deprivation,
and depended on more than one can of diet coke a day.
so it's been heavenly having someone else get up at night.
I'm pretty sure we're going to go through daddy withdrawal this week.
for some reason both boys go to sleep way better for daddy than for me.
We have a lot to look forward to this year.
But mostly, I'm just excited for the three boys I get to share it with.

This is THE CUTEST BLOG POST!!! I love them so much I could burst.
ReplyDeleteI love their expressions, their sweet little faces and the cute things they do!