I kind of forgot to mention my official due date in our baby-announcing-post from a week or so ago.
Most of out family know, but for those who have forgotten or didn't hear
it's November 19th!
It's kind of awesome because that's the same date my beautiful cousin Brady was supposed to have her equally beautiful daughter Poppy on.
Although I think she went a week overdue...which I'm very much hoping won't be the case with me!
Needless to say we are still psyched, enthused, excited, pumped--and in all other words: totally stoked about our new little person.
I've made dramatic dietary improvements since the last time I posted too.
Mostly because I rediscovered how awesomely amazing Ensure is.
So when I haven't felt up to eating solid food I've at least been able to drink it.
We bough a giant case at Sam's last Saturday and I've made a pretty decent dent in my 24 bottle supply.
I've already noticed that my disgust with most food seems to be ending! This is very exciting since I've been living on (liquid) food and the occasional sleeve of crackers, cheese sticks and cold cereal.
I've found renewed interest in butternut squash, watermelon (still), apples with peanut butter, cold strawberries and crisp cold green salads. And of course--steak! I haven't actually bought or prepared any....but it still sounds oh so good! Smothered in A1 sauce! A condiment my Dad has always found close to sacrilegious.
In other news, Henry and I got to go to our 12 (almost 13) week appointment last night.
Shortly after He asked me why we always wait at least an hour to actually see the doctor, we got to go back to the ultrasound room--
which is totally awesome.
Because I (apparently) have a doctor who is very generous with the Sonogram
and who uses it at almost every appointment without charging anything extra.
And I love anything that is free.
So here are some more pictures of our lovely little person! Who is totally obvious in the picture--unlike the first images we had of Kishbaba.
Which is the name Henry has dubbed our unborn Fetus because it means "small baby" in Hungarian.
(In case you wanted to know or were unsure, you say it like the breakfast food "quiche"+ baba--which I shouldn't have to explain how to pronounce)
Here they are!
| This is the hardest to tell what it's actually a picture of--but if you look close, you can see the back view of the baby and the spine right down the middle. |
| This is a sort of side/profile view. The head is the most obvious body part, but arms are barely visible as well. |
kishbaba! love it! chooch! Ok I don't know if that's how you spell it, but phonetically that's how it sounds to me.
ReplyDelete# 1 I STILL live off of protein shakes. My mo-in-law swears by them to curb morning/allday sickness. Now I just don't have much time for anything else but a quick drink. So chug 'em! they are great.
# 2 Have the baby a week early, like say Nov 11, and then I will really have something to be excited about for my birthday this year! =)
Tell Henry, Richard's brother actually just MOVED to Hungary. He couldn't handle staying away another minute. Now we miss them terribly and might have to visit. =)
ReplyDeletea turkey baby!
ReplyDeleteif it is a girl, i am totally sending you the christmas clothes i had for poppy. tiny santa dress!!
i don't know what it is like out there, but being at our hospital on thanksgiving was great. steak and shrimp, girl.