Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fifteen Weeks!



It's Fifteen weeks already!
And movement has been felt!
Last night while I was trying to get comfortable enough to fall asleep 
(an impossible task)
I felt a little shwoup in my belly.
It made me wonder if our baby will be an acrobat--
because even though I obviously can't see what's happening,
it felt like a little somersault or something.

We're still counting down the days till June 11!
Hopefully the Doctor will have a perfect view of our baby's privates so I can tell Henry
"Told you so!"
Or at least so we can start buying fun Baby stuff.
I didn't even know about all the baby stuff that you can buy.
Bouncy swings, crib liners, special sheets, dressers with compartments just for diapers, binky rings, nipples in every shape size and color! 
But I'm not picky
the only things I want to buy brand new are a crib or pac n' play and a car seat.

In other news...
Our house is a mess.
You might think we're hoarders with of all our stuff stacked in piles,
perched on tables
and accumulating on every other available flat surface.
But the packing has begun!
We went through all our winter clothes on Saturday,
and it made me feel guilty for having so much. And I don't even have a lot compared to some. 
I think it's because I only wear half of it,
and I can't bear to donate the rest of it because I have to make that pair of shoes worth the money I spent! 
Thank goodness I have my skinny minny brother-in-law coming to haul it around for me.

We didn't take any pictures, but memorial weekend was pretty awesome.
Henry found out about this theater about 15 minutes away that gives students a discount.
That means we both got to see Avengers on Friday night for 8$.
That's right. Both of us saw a NEW movie for the price of ONE ticket.
We went again on Monday night and saw Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp.
Not saying anything new--but it was strange.
Still fun....but definitely strange.
This whole making-another-person-thing has made me tired enough that the majority of our free time we spend watching movies
or cable TV--which is pretty bad most the time.
But I'm dead beat!
Today I managed to make dinner before my body demanded a soft spot for my bony butt to sink into.
My first real meal after morning sickness?
Homemade manicotti (with crepes made from scratch) 
and a nice big salad with lots of crunchy bits: red pepper, carrots, and...well...not so crunchy tomatoes. 

I think Nana would be proud. =)

2 comments:

  1. you are so funny! I love your blog. You even make being pregnant funny... and believe me, I know it's not. =) GOod luck with the move. Moving whilst pregnant is the best, because you have a great excuse not to help. =) Your little belly is so cute... too bad mine looks like that all the time. ha.

    ReplyDelete