Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's been a week and a half since I've updated.
Not a lot has happened.
No new Doctor visits-
But I have eaten two (mostly) three meals a day, EVERYDAY,
and the only time I have felt nauseous has been when I chug down a protein shake first thing in the morning.
Woo hoo! real food again! 
I think our next trip to wally-world will be filled with real produce, baking goods, meat and cheese.
I think I'm ready to be back in the kitchen!
in other news, we've found a new residence and will be moving in the next couple weeks.
Henry's brother Levi 
(the seven foot tall alien) 
will be coming to stay with us for the summer and help us move. 
He's also going to take concurrent enrollment courses from the BC for free-
which is pretty awesome for him.
And I'm not complaining because I'm not going to have to lift a thing.
I remember my Dad and my brother moving some bulky piece of furniture, 
and when Cory lost his grip and dropped said piece of furniture on his foot, 
my Dad said something along the lines of  
"Control your pain!"

Isn't moving just the most fun ever? 
I think the best part of moving and packing is (first) finding all the strange, random objects that you've accumulated and (second)
all the funny stories from how you ripped your couch, broke your bed frame or lost all your socks. 
It doesn't seem so funny at the time, but down the road it's hilarious.
For some reason. 
We are hoping that this new place will suit us for a couple years.
We are sick of moving every 6-12 months.
but most complexes try to increase your rent by 50 bucks + a month when your lease is up.
so it's usually cheaper to move.
Henry and I have never lived anywhere more than one year since we've been married.
That makes this our....sixth move. 
In three years
Makes me tired just thinking about it!
It's really neat though, because we have been looking for the home that we will bring kishbaba home to-
and although this place isn't exactly perfect, 
it's pretty dang good. 
The bathroom is a little weird...and small
the bedrooms are a little cramped...
but the living room is massive
the kitchen is pretty great
we have a cold cellar in the basement
and we will have a humongous
green (at least for the next few months)
imacculate
Lawn!
And the landlord does all the maintenance. 
and for a rental--it's pretty dang clean, which was my biggest concern.
So we will be all ready for family to come visit! (Heh HEM Coppersmith's! we mean you!)


In baby-land we are entering the second trimester 
No movement has been noticed yet-but Nana Coppersmith has given some tips and tricks as to how you can feel kicks and squirms (i.e. lie on your back)  
and according to my floating fetus in the upper right hand corner, I only have 179 days left.
That sure puts everything in perspective. 
I never thought nine months could feel so interminably long. 
Keeping busy with school and packing/unpacking will keep things busy, so hopefully the summer will be gone in no time! 
(Not that we want it to go too fast) 

I pulled my camera out to take the promised face and belly photos and the minute I pushed the power button and the viewing screen finally came up 
it gave me the fated "no battery" excuse
and shut off.
I still managed to take a couple with my ipad 
though it was terribly awkward and difficult to hold
which is why my arms and hands are in weird places



I still don't really have a bump unless I stick my belly out and hold my arms around my tummy. One  day soon!
(Please ignore all the spot marks on the mirror and the cords behind me--I haven't cleaned in ages) 

My next appointment is June 11. 
And we might have some pretty exciting news
boy or girl?
There's no guarantee they'll be able to tell
but when I waddle up to that office I'm going to make sure my eyeballs are floating
so they have as good a chance as any of seeing anything

Cory has predicted that it's going to be a girl born on the 22th or the 24th.
and apparently he is pretty good at predicting baby stuff
Only time will tell!

Until then, we'll just keep referring to our little skeleton as Kishbaba.







No comments:

Post a Comment