Friday, June 15, 2012

17 Weeks

Well... here we are!
We've hit week 17 and we're almost through to 18.
But we still don't know what out baby is.
At our appointment Monday, the Doctor said he could see a bump
but he wasn't sure if it was a boy bump or a girl bump.
So neither Henry or I can say "I told you so!" quite yet.

On the plus side kisbaba is looking good.
Healthy brain
great heart beat
and lots of movement.
(I didn't need a doctor to tell me that)
While he was moving the wand 
(what do you call that part of the ultrasound machine?)
He passed right over baby's face and we got a good look.
He or she doesn't look so much like a dinosaur anymore.
Or a seahorse.

In fact, kisbaba looks like a miniaturized person now.
It's pretty awesome to see what's growing inside of me.

In fact, I'd say it's totally and completely surreal
especially because we didn't think it would ever happen.

We also saw ten fingers
and ten toes
So I got my wish!
the real ultrasound is scheduled for July 12.
and there will be a real ultrasound tech who will take exact measurements 
and do whatever else they do when you're that far along ; )
I'm still not sure how I'm going to waddle up there with a full 16 oz of fluid in my bladder.
especially since I have to keep it there an hour before my appointment.
I realized that's the same amount in a Dasani water bottle.
And I've been drinking about four of those a day.
Only difference is, I have to go to the ladies room three or four times before I actually finish one bottle.

I've also finally gained some  weight.
I think I'm up about two or three pounds now-
but it's hard to tell because my scale is always different than the Doctors by about 5 pounds.
Anyway-Here is the progression from last week's bump! 

(I keep trying to take these pictures by myself, but I found it's much easier to have Henry do it.)

It's much easier to stand and have your picture taken
 than to try to hold the camera with one hand and push the right button.

I've taken a lot of pictures of the floor this way.

We also have other very big news.
Not the baby-announcing big, but big nonetheless.




 We bought a brand new car.
 as in *built for the year 2013*
I've decided to call her Ruby.

(I'm not car crazy of anything, I just saw that the color listed on the tag and thought it was fitting)


We've been thinking about trading ours  in for a while, but we never would have guessed we could get this.
It's pretty awesome.
We had a realization about a month ago that our (previous) car wasn't very child friendly.
It was very small in the back
(and generally all over)
and we'd barely be able to squeeze a car seat behind the passenger side seat.
We've also noticed that even though our car was paid off
the *every-four-months* maintenance was costing us as much as a regular payment.
So we decided to go with it.
Turns out it's only 30 bucks more a month than our old car.
and our Subaru had 72000 miles when we bought it.
and it was six years old.

I'm not sure if this means we totally got taken for a ride with our previous car
or we got a smokin' deal on this one.

I think I prefer to think of it as the latter....

Still, I'll miss little subey.
She was a good car.
She used to get me through four foot snow drifts on the way home from work at o'dark thirty
and she'd always start...even when it was - 40 outside 

(seriously, that's how much it sucks to live in Idaho)
(I'm not even exaggerating the temp.)

I never thought I'd get sentimental about cars, but subey went everywhere with us.
We bought her here in Utah, took her to Pennsylvania
brought her back here
took her back to Pennsylvania
brought her back here
then up to Idaho
and back down six times 
and then out to Pennsylvania again
and back out here for the last time.
and then all the normal commuting back and forth from work, down to Provo, back up again, etc. etc. 

It's not hard to understand where those 50000 miles came from. 
I'm glad Henry now has a "real" job and we can't just drop everything and spend a month back home
(as much as I love time with the fam)
because that month back home means
a 38 hour drive.
straight.
only stopping for gas.
I don't miss that.

I'll fly any day-

So our new car is awesome.
and we're moving tomorrow.
and we're having a baby!
Lots of changes, eh?

Just for fun, here's how ridiculously tall Levi is compared to our new car:


I guess he doesn't look that disproportionate...
he fits pretty well in the backseat too.
(not an easy feat)
He looked almost comical in our Subaru
with his knees under his chin.

He's the only one I know that's got anything on Shaq. 

but he was always a good sport about playing the role of a sardine.

In fact, he's proven himself very useful this week.
He stayed home on Wednesday and 
washed all our clothes
folded said clothes
washed all the dishes
vacuumed the house
and packed some stuff for me.

I think I really like this being pregnant thing.
Maybe I'll do it all the time.
Now that I'm not throwing up every time Henry opens the fridge
I can enjoy everyone volunteering to do everything for me. 
Lifting heavy stuff (and not so heavy stuff)
offering to get things out of high cupboards so I don't have to use a chair
Asking me if I need a drink every hour on the hour
Or if I've eaten enough
asking me every ten minutes if there is anything else I could possibly want

But the BEST part:
(and my favorite)
the fact that Henry will now rub my hands
feet 
back
neck
for as long as I want!
Just because I *might mention that I am achy 
It has to be that I am growing a person more than anything else, because 
I've never seen such a devoted  massage-er.

I think I could get used to this. ; )

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are finally feeling better and that you are being spoiled!! good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a cute baby bump!! I wish I could hug
    you right now! Henry sounds like a champion pregnant husband! Ha. Congrats on the car too... esxcept you should have gotten something longer that looks more like a van... Haha jk. Way to be so positive about being pregnant... you are at the sweet spot in the middle... I cant wait to see what you are going to have!

    ReplyDelete