We've had an (almost) sleepless couple weeks.
Last week it was because Bence was really mad all the time.
We aren't sure why.
But for whatever reason, he screamed and cried into the wee hours of the morning almost everyday.
This week he's slept just as much(or little, rather) but now he's pretty chipper.
Again, were not sure why the sudden attitude change.
He's been waking up to eat around six in the morning full of smiles and other cute baby noises.
He just doesn't want to sleep.
Ever
But believe me, after a week of screaming, crying miserably shrill baby, I'll totally take happy, smiley sort-of-sweet baby any day.
I suppose baby Bence is just like daddy; hates wasting time, and hates wasting time by sleeping or taking naps even more!
He's starting to "play" with some of the toys he got for Christmas (in that he smiles or laughs when you use finger puppets of squeaky toys) and he responds to me smiling or making funny faces (if he's in a good mood anyway) if you try pulling a face to get him to smile and he's tired, hungry, or irritated he'll just give you a look that says he's thoroughly unimpressed. Or he'll scream. Either way works for him.
He's always always ALWAYS busy! I should have expected this from Henry's child, but when he's awake he never stops moving. I think I mentioned this before, but it makes burping him an impossible task. I'll try to hold him up over my shoulder and his little head bobs back and forth a s he tries to look around while his little arms and legs flail and grab onto anything within reach. (I.e. hair, clothes, face, etc.)
I love Tina Fey's "Mothers prayer," which in some places may be slightly inappropriate, but fitting nonetheless.
"And should she choose to be a Mother one day, be my eyes, Lord. That I may see her, lying on a blanket on the floor at 4:50 a.m., all-at-once exhausted, bored, and in love with the little creature whose poop is leaking up its back.
“My mother did this for me once,” she will realize as she cleans feces off her baby’s neck.
“My mother did this for me.” And the delayed gratitude will wash over her as it does each generation and she will make a Mental note to call me. And she will forget.
But I will know, be because I peeped with your God eyes. Amen."
Is that appropriate or what?









I think the bibb that says "It's time to get messy" is tell tale!
ReplyDeleteHe is precious and I lvoe him so!
Lovingly-
Nana
he is so adorable! love his sweet pudgie face!
ReplyDelete