Thursday, January 3, 2013

Post Christmas Post

With family coming and going we haven't spent much time updating.
I did manage to take a few pictures.
But as per usual, I didn't think to take many overall.

Life in the O'Connor household has been busy.
Henry is getting ready for a new semester and so am I.
Little buddy is still gaining weight and eating well.
I think we must be near fourteen pounds by now.
His not-so-little head crushes my arm when he eats
And I keep finding that I can't stand and hold him as long as I used to- he's just dead weight.

He's also starting to smile a lot more.
If you poke his little nose
Or make funny faces
(When he's in the right mood anyway)
He'll laugh and smile.

If he's not in a good mood he'll just scream.

He loves being held and hates when we set him down.
He has some sort of extra-sensory ability to wake up from a sound sleep the minute he isn't being cuddled.
We aren't sure how this works.

Bence is also one of the busiest babies I've ever held.
When he's awake (which is most of the time) he kicks his chubby little legs and flails his arms all over the place.
It's makes burping a difficult task- he doesn't like to hold still at all.

We set him in his boppi pillow the other day (laying with his belly against it)
And he held his head up nice and straight so he could look around the living room.
Albeit, he did flop around a little bit, but he did really well on his own for a few minutes.

Bence also got to meet the rest of the family (at least on my side) during the Christmas holiday.
Aunt Callie couldn't wait to snuggle him.
She did find however, that not all babies are complacent and sweet and calm.
I tried to tell her not to take it personally that Bence would scream at the top of his lungs whenever she held him.
I told her that he does that to me on a nightly basis for hours on end.
Needless to say, she was disappointed.

We also took Bence out of the house for the first time last weekend.
We haven't quite reached the three month mark where we can break out of quarantine, but we figured it was close enough to make a trip to the grandma hotel out inn tooele.

Little man did great.

In fact, he was so exhausted from his outing that he slept from one feeding at 6pm to the next at 2 in the morning.

I told Henry that maybe we should visit grandma more often.

Anyway, here are some of the few pictures I took over the last few weeks. I think the app for my ipad will post the pictures are the beginning of this post instead of the end, but oh well! Enjoy!














1 comment:

  1. Love love love that little man!
    I could watch videos of him non stop!

    Miss him so already
    Nana

    ReplyDelete