We had a great visit with Mommo and Uncle Hiram.
We went all sorts of places that Bence just wasn't too sure about.
Our first excursion to the mall almost ended in disaster.
He screamed as soon as we put him in the car seat,
and then calmed down a little once we took his seat out of the car
...lulling mommy into a false sense of security.
Until we got into Nordstrom.
Then all hell broke loose.
I'm not sure what set him off.
Maybe he was upset that he wasn't wearing designer baby clothes like the ones on display...
But within less than a minute he was screaming so loudly my ears were ringing like a bomb had exploded.
I really hate being a public spectacle.
This was definitely one of those not-so-fun-I'm-totally-a-public-spectacle moments.
Luckily I found a bathroom with nice comfy seats
(this was a classy mall, okay?)
Where i finally managed to calm little man down with some food.
He takes after me, what can I say?
We're just emotional eaters in this family I guess.
After that we were fine.
Auntie Emma and I switched modes of transport-
she used the strolled for Peter
and I used the mobi wrap for Bence.
The last week or so has brought lots of developmental changes too.
Bence drools all over me when I hold him and when I'm not he's trying to eat his pacifier.
(teething here we come!)
He has rolled over from tummy to back.
(maybe I mentioned that already?)
He's always sticking his tongue out, especially when you touch his lips.
He never wants to lean back or rest on you, the couch, a pillow, anything.
He's always trying to sit up and lean forward.
He does this to the point that his little face turns beet red and he makes lots of grunting and straining sounds.
He has grown out of everything sized 3 months and is strictly in the sixers now.
He laughs all the time and is starting to have ticklish spots (his ribs!)
He loves to smile and squeal.
He tolerates baths, but looks so quizzical and concerned I can't help but laugh every time I sit his cute naked butt in his baby tub.
and he puts away a bottle like a champ. (usually 7-8 oz. every 3-5 hours)
I could just squeeze this little man all day long! (and I usually do!)
| My favorite Boys! <3 |
| this one's a little blurry, but his face is just priceless |
| hangin' with his cousin peter |
| All the boys together (It's impossible to get everyone to look the same way...) |
| The Babies! |
| oh shoot- I have to sneeze! |
| Fun times with Mommo... |
| I think he's done with tummy time.... |
| Can you tell the flash on my camera is a little bright? |
No comments:
Post a Comment