My little man is getting so big.
Last Sunday we finally brought him out of his cocoon into a scary, dangerous place....
...also known as church.
At least, that's how I see it...
after months and months of agonizing about germs and sickness and disease,
The idea of exposing my sweet baby to the world was slightly unnerving.
Especially the "church" world....I swear that's where I pick up every nasty bug and virus in the winter.
And I've found you can't just turn off the "nervous mama" switch.
(It's here to stay--for good)
But we did just fine.
And Bence did great.
I was really worried we wouldn't be able to hear the blessing over his screams...
or that those participating in the blessing would be spewed by projectile vomiting
(a daily occurrence in this house.)
but our luck held out!
He was mostly just curious.
and maybe a little confused.
He's not used to seeing so many people.
When I walked over to our ward building he was fast asleep, but not for long.
About ten minutes before the meeting started, he opened his eyes real wide
and he was wide awake for the next hour.
Sometimes I think he might give himself whip-lash from trying to look so many directions at once.
but he was an angel and charmed the pants off everyone we visited with.
It was (needless to say) a very memorable day.
Unfortunately, a family friend of ours was unable to make it to the blessing due to car troubles.
But it was because of him that Bence had such a cute outfit for his blessing.
Jason brought back a jumper (complete with matching tie) from his visit to Scotland over Christmas break.
| We kept him well covered until the moment of the event! |
| Bence is so chubby he has no neck anymore...it was a challenge buttoning his shirt...which still didn't work out so well. (In case you can't tell, the tie is patterned with Moose... Meese?) |
| My two favorite boys! |
| What is going on? |
| you would think he was sick of me or something.... |
We had a great time.
At one point there were 25 people in our house.
It was so much fun to visit and catch up with everyone--to bad we can't (or don't get to) do this more often!
These are precious. Thanks for posting ...especially since I could not BE there to love him up on his special day!
ReplyDelete