Bence is teething.
At least...I'm Pretty sure he is.
He's back to waking up multiple time a night,
He drools more than the most slobbery dog you can imagine,
(He actually gags and chokes on his spit sometimes)
He's constantly rubbing his cheeks and eyes,
And he refuses to go to sleep (even for naps) without a screaming match.
Gone are his cheerful, adorably happy mornings and afternoons, full of smiles and baby chatter-
We've ushered in Oscar the grouch- grumpy, whiney, and super sensitive.
Sometimes you only have to look at Bence funny and he'll break into tears.
(As cousin Tatum found out on Easter Sunday.)
Some days are better than others.
He actually did very good on Sunday, when we took a trip to great grandma and grandpa's house in tooele.
He let himself be held by multiple people,
And even though he spit up all over them, he didn't cry.
It probably helped that he slept for part of the trip there.
After crying for fifteen minutes about being put in his carseat, I finally just covered the whole thing with one of his blankets.
It worked like magic.
Within five minutes he was almost asleep.
I peeked underneath and he had two fingers in his mouth and his eyes were rolled back in his head.
By the time we got to the grandma hotel, he was pretty well rested.
He also got to meet Aunt Cathy and uncle brad. I think he liked them.
He sort of played with his cousin ruby too.
We had a pretty great Easter.
















My My! sweetness! what a darling little boy. It makes me want to squeeeze him and kiss him!
ReplyDeleteSo bence's little patch of frontal hair with thee cowlick is oh so cute! But I'm sure u already know that.
ReplyDeleteSorry I am typing on my kindle and that doesn't always work so well.
ReplyDeleteoh i am sad we couldn't make it out to grandmas! our 1:00 church schedule sure does have a few disadvantages. so glad you had a great easter!
ReplyDelete