Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Little monster

Bence is the most adorable little bug.
I never imagined I could create such a perfect, beautiful little person.
(With Henry's help, of course.)

But Bence's also incredibly demanding.

There are days (like today)
Where I get (maybe) an hour of happy Bence.
This is the hour I have to eat, shower,make dinner, clean the house, and do laundry.

You know, the fun stuff in life.

The rest of the day I get fussy Bence.
The kind of Bence who's only happy if he's being held and actively/constantly entertained.

Anyone feel me?
Do I have the only high maintenance child here?

(I didn't think so.)

I never realized how exhausting motherhood can be.
Especially when a certain baby wakes up every hour during the night talking to himself.
Don't get me wrong- he's adorable-
But seriously, I'm not exaggerating when I say he wakes up EVERY hour.
Well...I guess some nights he'll go two, but come on!

But then, when he finally does sleep, I'm totally overwhelmed by how sweet and perfect he is.
And cuddly.
And warm.
And soft.

Thats when I remember how awesome being a mom is, no matter how sleep deprived I can be.

And as I pry his chubby little fist open to release the handful of my hair he's been pulling on,
I'm almost tempted to stay awake.
And just keep snuggling and rocking him.
And listening to his sweet little snores.
And kissing his pudgy little cheeks.
And letting him unconsciously pull my hair.

And I don't even care that my shirt is crusted with green bean vomit.

I think we have to have moments like this as mothers.
It's what makes it all worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment