Some nights Bence is a dream.
Sometimes he plays in his bath, cuddles during his bottle, and drifts off snuggled into a soft blanket.
and then he goes to bed and I get to go to sleep the same time as my husband.
And Bence doesn't wake up until after 9 in the morning.
But I can count the number of times that has happened on one hand.
Since Bence has been born anyway.
Most nights are more like the video below.
(WARNING: do not view if you are already in a bad mood or if you find crying babies annoying.)
I took this mainly as video-graphic proof that I'm not exaggerating when I say Bence screams.
Sometimes for hours at a time.
And usually for no reason.
(that I can tell anyway)
When I took this video last night, I think Bence had gas.
And he had been carrying on for a good half an hour before I whipped out the camera.
By the time I recorded this, he was starting to calm down a little.
(haha)
By the time I recorded this, he was starting to calm down a little.
(haha)
Please don't think I'm a terrible mother.
Believe me, I tried everything; rocking, burping, swaddling, giving him a bottle, rubbing his back, rubbing his belly, stroking his hair, massaging his butt, back and thighs....NADA.
It's alright though--it only lasted an hour.
Then he totally crashed.
And I snuggled him for a few more minutes while he was so sweet and calm before putting him to bed.
Even though he drives me crazy,
and keeps me up way too late,
I still love this little bugger.
How could you not with a face like this?
Here's some of what we've been up to lately....
We visited the Great-Grands out in Tooele. Bence loved hangin' with his aunt Cathy.
Can you tell it was naptime?
Bence and ruby were done.
I just can't resist the bath shots...
I fell over and can't get up!
Henry bought Bence this little walking/scooting toy.
He loves it.
He loves it so much I couldn't get a picture of him holding still.
Now if he could just figure out how to back up so he wouldn't get stuck....
Here are a few videos as well.
Blogger wouldn't let me upload them for the longest time.
and there is still some sort of bug.
But I decided to embed them and be done with it.












Oh Kate... he is precious! I love his little laugh and his gasps of excitement! I am in love love love!
ReplyDeleteNana!
PS good to see he likes the toy! <3
And... I love how he is always looking around him in the tub. It is like he is fascinated by any little old thing! He is too cute and his expressions are priceless! I love when you talk and he looks at you with a really cute little quizzical face! Precious!!
ReplyDeleteNana (again)
My hope is that your video of him screaming will be a thintg of the past. Hope the new meds help his little tummy. Oh I want to kiss and hold him so!
ReplyDelete