But in my defense, Bence's been teething.
And we were kinda on vacation.
And now I'm packing to move cross country.
So we've been busy.
Our trip to pennsylania started late....or early.
We left for the airport at 10:30 at night. And we didn't even forget anything!
We checked one big bag and I had Bence strapped to my chest
(Something he wasn't too sure about)
But it made things much easier getting through security.
We left on time and got to Charlotte, North Carolina around 5 am.
Bence slept pretty well that first leg.
Henry and i did not.
But that's okay!
Our next flight was delayed, but we didn't notice because we had already boarded and fell asleep.
That wasn't too bad.
Then we got to Philly!
This part of us trip is kinda fuzzy because I was so tired.
I don't actually remember how long our layover was,
Or what we did while we were there.
But that last flight was terrible.
At that point the Benadryl had worn off for Bence
(Yes, I totally drugged him and have no shame admitting it!)
And he had had enough.
We got on that last flight
And Bence looked around,
And pouted.
And then screamed.
And he kept screaming until we got to Williamsport.
It was only a forty minute flight but it felt longer than the other two combined.
When we landed we were all exhausted.
We were greeted by (it felt like) 20 members of our family,
All of whom kissed and hugged and squeezed little Bence--
Who seemed a little confused by all the attention.
Our first stop was to OIP where Henry got a cheesesteak.
Cause that's a thing....
And while we were driving to Mommo and Poppo's little man fell asleep.
Now I understand why baby cheeks are so pinchable!
And Nana couldn't wait to do just that.
I don't think Bence knew what was going in.
All the attention,
All these new people who wanted to hold him.
He was having the time of his life.
He didn't have a second to be bored or uninvolved.
I always seem to forget just how green and vibrant everything is back east.
And sticky.
I don't think I was dry the entire time we were there.














No comments:
Post a Comment