We went over to their place last night for dinner while the boys put together their new IKEA cubby bookshelf. Why is IKEA stuff so amazing? It always looks so awesome...too bad Janel doesn't have any Swedish books to go along with it.
| Aren't they just so cute? ; ) |
I am still working on my project I mentioned before. I am just waiting for one last coat of sealant to dry before I put the matte back in and I show you the wonders of the last few days. It took a lot longer than I expected, but I did make everything myself....
This week I did some major de-cluttering. Did I mention that already? Sorry if I'm reiterating. I cleaned out EVERYTHING. You would think since we just moved (again) we wouldn't have that much junk to sort through because usually you do a good clean out when your packing- but we had a ton of stuff I got rid off. Like....
- 14 different phone cords to phones we no longer own
- Two broken MP3 players with appropriate jacks and cords
- Scrubs (Hallelujah! I refuse to EVER wear them again!)
- An extra microwave (No- I'm not kidding)
- A beat up footlocker (I bought it when I was ten and wanted one like Harry Potter had- it was 10 dollars at K-Mart)
- Weird Wedding gifts (mostly frames and really bizarre pictures from people in our ward back home-the kind of stuff they pulled out of their basements- musty smell included)
- An extra keyboard and mouse (the only computer we have is a mac-book)
- Lots of other computer junk that Henry can't bear to throw it away- so I do it for him ;)
Basically I consolidated 8 -45 gallon plastic tubs to three. They are now neatly stacked in our second closet-
| Notice my ghetto labels made out of masking tape? |
| It is a vast improvement over what it was before.... |
Anyway........ did I mention we have also have an entire tub of extension cords?
Yeah...try 19 altogether...I forgot that when we lived in our first apartment- we had...maybe...one outlet per room...and we haven't ever gotten rid of any...who knows, we might need them again! ( I sincerely hope not though...)
Now my "craft room" (Henry will roll his eyes if I call it that in front of him) is neatly organized and I know where everything is- hence my recent enthusiasm for projects- I already have ideas for more- I need to go to the D.I. though- I want to look for a few things I can re-purpose or refinish. The other day when I was sitting at my desk, cutting letters out of heavy duty cardboard with my ice-cold fresca sitting next to me, and Pandora playing Phoenix and MGMT and I was up to my elbows in acrylic paint and modge-podge I laughed and though, "wow- life is amazing-"
Isn't it?
Tonight I get to take Henry to the dentist. This is something I'm not really looking forward to. He had a root canal a long time back (when he was on his mission) and they never put a cap on it (typical of post-communist Hungary, I suppose) and now it either needs to be pulled or have another root canal- neither of which make Henry giddy with joy. (understandably)His way of dealing with it is this:
"I just want them to rip it out!"
This is also typical of Henry- the best way to get rid of any problem, dental or not?
Eliminate said problem, immediately, and irrevocably.
We will see how it goes...and cross our fingers there is nothing else that needs done right away. Why is dental work so expensive? Even if you do have good insurance?
oh, by-the-by, we are getting rid of our netflix because they are charging more- but we got our last movie today- and it is "Howl's Moving Castle." I am so excited! I am a huge Miyazaki fan- I have watched "Spirited Away" enough that I have most the lines memorized. Is that sad? Oh well! I am looking forward to snuggling next to Husband and watching it on our new, plush, reclining couch!
Ahhh..the simple pleasures of life.....
No comments:
Post a Comment