Joanne is here!
She is Cynthia's (Henry's Mom) sister-and she is so much fun! She made the LONG journey out to Utah (driving, of course!) this last weekend and has been visiting with friends and family out west. She came with Heidi (Janel's sister) and Kimber (also Janel's sister!) There are so many girls in that family! It's amazing! ; )
We went over to Janel's to see everyone last night and have dinner together. There were 12 of us. I was very worried that the huge pot of Ham and Bean soup I made wouldn't be enough. But happily- there were about two small bowls' worth in the very bottom of the ginormous pressure cooker I used to make it. Seriously, to clean that pot is no small task - when it doesn't fit in the sink-
But we had great fun! It was so great to catch up with everyone and to meet a few other friends/family members that I've only ever heard about!
Henry and Kimber talking- she is going to be applying to BYU in the next few months- she is starting her senior year in a few weeks. You would think they didn't like each other- or maybe that one of them smelled- but it didn't look that weird until I got up from the middle of the couch to take the picture- ; )
So...I always feel strange interrupting everyone to ask for a picture...so I get these random ones where no one is actually looking at me....
This is one of Joanne's friends (Deanna- I may be spelling it wrong) she used to be in our home ward back East. And her Son. Joanne actually used to babysit Keegan when he was a toddler.
I wished I could have gotten more pictures.
Janel claimed she was sweaty and gross and unphotogenic (yeah, right- when are the Barnhart's NOT photogenic?)
But Janel and Jared where there-obviously it was their house
Tabitha and HER Jared where there
Kimber and Heidi
Me and Henry
Deanna and Keegan
and
and
Deanna (Joann's sister in law- what were the odds there would be two people
with the same name? )
with the same name? )
and Joanne of course...
I really married into an amazing family- they are all so awesome. And fun.
And that pot of soup?
I think it cost a total of 5 Dollars to make
I may be cheap- but at least I make good cheap food
(most of the time)
(most of the time)
and I made these- which weren't as cheap- but they were fun-
Winco sells the mini MnM's in their bulk section with all their other baking supplies like chocolate chips (every kind you can possibly imagine), splintered candy cane (around Christmas time) butterscotch chips, huge blocks of milk chocolate, powdered honey, ect.
I love that store
Mostly because it is really cheap to buy stuff like those mini MnM's that I wouldn't normally buy
Anyway- I probably talk to much about my favorite grocery store- I'm sure I mention it at least every time I post a picture of something I make.
I would have posted a picture of the soup too- but I forgot because we ate it all- I'm not good at remembering stuff like that.
My mom is up to her eyeballs and tomatoes. She wrote me an e-mail to tell me about how she comes home from work and picks, washes, cuts, chops, boils, processes jars and jars of homemade marinara, salsa, tomato soup and more.
I am jealous.
I can buy tomatoes for about .99 Cents a pound- which isn't too bad for out here- but they are hard, and pink- they aren't even red.
Other than the smell of rain- the smell of tomatoes roasting in the oven is probably one of my favorites.
Today I am going to start working on taking in seven or eight of my skirts for church.
They don't fit me anymore- and I have a very limited wardrobe.
This is a good thing.
I am armed with scissors and two different kinds of elastic.
I'm determined to make this work- and to make my clothes fit me again.
Wish me luck! I watched a few tutorials- so I'm hoping I don't just mangle what I have beyond repair.
More later!


No comments:
Post a Comment